The pickling of cucumbers remained widespread in the region & # 39; s Levant and Maghreb, where it is still very popular today. Pickled cucumbers became popular in the United States because of the influence of the kitchen of Eastern European immigrants.
In any case, as well as gherkins, the stench that these brine-conserved vegetables can cause for your pots, cupboards, fridges, cars and your whole house almost enough for many to wish that this so-called treat disappeared along with ancient Rome and Greece.
How do you get rid of the smell of the brine juice spilled on your sofa or do you eliminate the smell of that empty brine pot? Here are some tips to help you.
Products for the removal of vegetables in the acid
* Febreze has long been using a chemical compound called cyclodextrin and used in household and skin care products. The sugary substance does not require the brine odors to become “clean”, but acts as an absorbent, such as baking powder or rumpled newspaper, to allow the fragrance to penetrate.
* An ozone generator removes any odor you can think of if it remains in a closed house or apartment long enough. The details of this procedure are a bit unclear, but if you get desperate enough, it might be worth a chance.
You will have to take full responsibility for what this can do for your home or for your health. Make sure that you extinguish the house thoroughly after you have done this, because ozone is bad for your lungs.
* Download a Prozone air purifier. They are good for smelling your entire house, not only for removing odors. Unfortunately, they are also quite expensive.
* If you want something cheaper, you can try Ozium Air Freshener. It is a small bottle, but a little goes a long way. You can get this product at most Wal-Mart stores and at some auto parts dealerships.
* Some deodorant products that you can also use include Nature’s Miracle, Bane-Clene (which is good for allergies) and a well-recommended mattress cleaner used by the hotel industry, ProKlean.
* Try Renuzit on each fragrance. You pull it up and the gel-shaped cone of the product absorbs the odors. It takes about 24 hours, but it works. The first day the smell of the gel is very strong, but soon it disappears with the smell you want to discard.
* You can also buy home-made oil scents and burners from different candlesticks. With fruity flavors like mango and all the benefits of aromatherapy this is perhaps the best choice. The selection of the available flavors is quite extensive and suits the taste of each aromatherapy fan.
They also make usable burners for the oils. The best thing is that although the bottles are small, everything you need is about five or six drops at a time, so the bottles last forever. You can even find a small scent burner that you can put in the lighter in your car, which is a lot more effective than those cheap little air fresheners that you hang on the rearview mirror.
* Natural cleaners and odor removal products are a good idea. If you want to get rid of that smoke odor in an environmentally friendly way, what about the use of some cleaning products that can be found in the organic and natural food of your local supermarket? Often these products work just as well as the chemicals of the brand. Examples of these so-called natural cleaning agents are good old borax, hydrogen peroxide, enzymatic cleaning agents and oxygen bleach.
Brine scent removal
First of all, it should be quite clear to you that it is not the pickles themselves that cause the funky smell in your house / car / cupboard / pot; it is actually the smell of the pickling agent (vinegar or brine) that clings to your esteemed properties and possessions. If you want to get rid of this bad smell, try one of these tips.
* Wash the jars first in warm soapy water and rinse them completely. Then pour in a solution of equal parts of vinegar and water. Let it stand overnight with the lids off. Rinse, dry, store with the lids off and the smell must have disappeared.
* You can also fill the pots with crumpled newspaper and leave them overnight to remove odors.
* Use your augur jar only for pickles, nothing more. If you can not use it for pickles, throw it away or recycle it.
* For entire rooms that smell like pickles, try to leave an open box of sodium bicarbonate, also known as baking soda, in the contaminated area (such as the refrigerator or cabinet). It can work there for a few months and it helps enormously with the smell of smelling odors and other odors. Buy two boxes and sprinkle one on your carpets to help with deodorization.
* You can go to your local hardware store and rent a carpet steam cleaner to wash the carpets yourself, or you can hire a professional to bring in a big truck and do the dirty work for you. If you want to save money, the choice is obvious and some companies guarantee that these days smell funnier than the smell you want them to remove.
* Check all corners and cabinets for any remains of brine in the apartment and air out the room for a few days with as much transverse ventilation as possible.
* Potpourri or air fresheners simply mask the odor, but for a short time, they will do so if you just have to get through a day of pickle smell. You can also burn some incense if you want to; in principle, it uses the same idea.
* The key is to disinfect. A bottle of bleach or ammonia and a sturdy pair of rubber gloves should help a lot in clearing every corner and hole of your path. Yes, elbow grease is the best way to get rid of pickle.
* Rent professional cleaners as a last resort; however, for many people the cleaners are the first choice because of the huge orderly smell of brine smell. Indeed, if all else fails, there is commercial cleaning to help you.
Whatever the situation of the tenant, a professional cleaning service can cost much less than most people would expect. The cleaners offer all equipment and cleaning products. In addition, they have the experience of having clean rooms that probably make your pickle-stinking room smell like roses compared to roses.
Another point to consider is that if you would try to do the job yourself, you would undoubtedly spend more time than a professional cleaner would, and time is money! Get yourself out of that pickle and have someone else do the work for you. You can read more about getting rid of smells from house