Even a minor fire can cause significant damage to your home, not to mention the psychological damage it causes to you and your loved ones. It is not easy in such circumstances to restore your property to what it was. There is so much to take care of. Finding a professional smoke restoration company is a step that can help you here.
When a building is taken with fire, even after the fire is extinguished the main work remains. Because, the fire residue is even more dangerous and needs to be removed as soon as possible. The smoke from the fire can create discoloration and stains as well as persistent odor. While you are waiting for a professional catering company, you can take a few steps with the permission of the Fire Marshal to get home.
• Wear protective clothing when entering the house. This includes gears, a face mask, gloves, etc.
• Encourage airflow as much as possible. Open all the windows and doors and let the fresh air move in and out. This allows the smoky air to be pushed out.
• Remove all foods that have been exposed to smoke. Keep only refrigerated, canned or preserved foods in airtight containers.
• All appliances must be disinfected. Be sure to prevent them from coming into contact with your skin during disinfection.
• Filters for heating and air conditioning systems will now be filled with soot residue. Be sure to remove these residues before starting these systems.
• Check that all parts of the house must be disinfected and thoroughly cleaned. This could include your walls, curtains, rugs, furniture, etc. Make sure you only get professionals to do the work.
• All delicate objects such as photo frames, books, documentary paintings should only be restored after consulting with professionals.
• If the smell of smoke persists, contact a smoke restoration company that can neutralize the odor instead of just covering the odor.
Fumes can be of different types: wet smoke, dry smoke, paint residues and varnishes, fuel oils, etc. A professional flue gas restoration company can successfully identify the type and thus provide efficient catering services. Plus, it can help you save a lot of your time and effort and create that effect "it never happened".