All smokers are fully aware of the devastating effects of tobacco on the body. I've been smoking for 15 years, and this list is not meant to scare all smokers, even if that's just the case
1. Smokers cough. If you have smoked for a while, smokers will cough. You may think that it is a disadvantage if you are a smoker, and most smokers try to hide it. This cough is actually your body trying to get rid of the toxic fumes you inhale daily. This is the sound of your lungs that expels all the chemicals contained in tobacco smoke. It's a good thing for your body, even if you may not think so.
2. Stained teeth. After smoking for so long, I was well aware of my teeth stained yellow. I've got the habit of smiling with my mouth shut, many smokers do it. Of course, you can go to whiten your teeth these days, but sooner or later the stains will be back if you continue to smoke.
3. Yellow fingers. It's basically the same problem as stained teeth. I had used to turn my finger while smoking so as not to have too many spots. If you smoke roll ups this problem will be even worse. No amount of washing will get rid of it, the only solution is to stop using the same finger.
4. Shortness of breath. I've always played a lot of sport even though I smoked. Over the years, I've always started to cough after any physical exercise. Your lung capacity is reduced by smoking. I found that I could not hold my breath very long. One of the worst experiences I've had was during a physical work test. You know the kind I mean, when you have to blow in a meter to test lung capacity, and you just know that your attempt will be well below average. You then get a reading that tells you that you have the lungs of a 50 year old, and your only 35.
5. Circulation problems Smoking blocks arteries and reduces blood flow. I've always seemed to feel cold, especially at my feet. If I took a hot bath when my feet were cold, it caused a lot of pain. Smoking can also lead to varicose veins and impotence.
6. Gray complexion. You can tell a fat smoker how their skin looks. They look gray and paler than nonsmokers. Smoking makes your skin age faster. You do not think it's a problem when you're young, but you'll see the effects of smoking when you get older. You starve your skin of essential nutrients.
7. Lack of energy. I've always thought that I did not have this problem. At the age of 36 I was a passionate sportsman and ran regularly, I liked staying fit. It sounds a little silly, I mean I have smoked 20 cigarettes a day and have somehow cleared my mind of what I was doing to my body while smoking. It was only when I quit smoking that I found that I had a lot more energy. I woke up in the morning feeling completely awake, when I smoked, I had to get out of bed. I also found that I could run further and faster. The reason is that when you smoke, you starve your body of oxygen, resulting in a lack of energy.
8. Dry mouth. I woke up in the morning with a mouth that looked like sandpaper. I wondered how my tongue could be so dry. You just get used to it, and it gets worse as long as you smoke. It makes you feel your breath and you do not even care.
9. Taste and smell. When you smoke, you gradually lose the ability to smell things properly and your taste buds do not work as before. When I quit smoking, I regained both senses very quickly, making the meals much more tasty. You will smell tobacco smoke if you smoke, but you can not tell it. Just try to smell your clothes after a party with smokers when you do not smoke. That's what you feel like all the time.
10. Dizziness. If I came out of the bath too quickly, I would have funny lights in my head. It was a strange sensation, and it affects some smokers more than others. Most people will get dizzy if they get up quickly, but a smoker will feel more dizzy because he has less oxygen in his body.
This list does not include the most common effects on the body such as lung cancer, heart disease and many others. These are additional bonuses that you can expect if you smoke. Most smokers do not think that they will contract these diseases. I just hid the spirit when I smoked. The reality is that 1 in 2 smokers will die from his addiction if he continues to smoke.
If you liked the article then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Share your opinion in comments below.